-
August 2nd, 2003, 05:44 AM
#1
HB Forum Moderator
-
August 3rd, 2003, 05:54 AM
#2
HB Forum Moderator
I'm curious how she came to possess the Viet Nam super-8 film footage and whether she has ever projected them. If you can engage her in this discussion, determine if by talking about it with her she is able to realize that the films have more value than perhaps she is giving them.
The more one values archival footage, the more one may be willing to spend to see to it that the footage is transferred the right way (whatever "right" may be).
-
August 3rd, 2003, 02:27 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Her husband was in the Vietnam War, and I guess it's footage he took...not sure at all about the condition of the film, it's been in her basement in boxes for years..I know it hasn't been projected in a long time. I may ask her to loan me one of the rolls, just to see what i'm looking at.
-
August 3rd, 2003, 02:52 PM
#4
HB Forum Moderator
You could do a documentary about this. Interview the husband. Do a handheld shot going to the boxes of film. They talk about what's on the footage.
Set up a camera and watch them watching the film for the first time after it's been transferred. (2 cameras, one on the screen as a visual reference, one on the husband, with the wife nearby in case she has something to interject, did she know him back then?)
See if they have the original super-8 camera. How did he manage to get the camera. Where did he keep both the film and the camera.
In exchange for making the documentary, "Viet Nam, one man's story), they should pay for you to come to California and have Doug at film and video transfers do the transfer,) (or Yale Labs is also a good choice).
And then you can market the finished film on the internet, and here. (just don't expect a financial windfall)
Gosh, it sure is easy telling others to make a project, and I still have the rest of my day available! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
-
August 3rd, 2003, 02:53 PM
#5
HB Forum Moderator
Mikey B, you've inspired another topic (film storage).
-
August 3rd, 2003, 03:51 PM
#6
Inactive Member
I have a friend who has some super or reg 8 films shot in Vietnam...she asked me about having it transferred, but she doesn't have or want to spend much money on the transfer..i can do it for her, but my transfers aren't the greatest...but I may offer to do it for her anyway..i'd love to project/see the films...not sure of what kind of condition they're in, but it's worth a look see!
-
August 3rd, 2003, 04:00 PM
#7
Inactive Member
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 29, 2003 05:43 AM: Message edited by: cameraguy ]</font>
-
August 4th, 2003, 01:36 AM
#8
Inactive Member
I forgot about your setup, Cameraguy! That might be the way to go...let us know of your pricing structure. She would get a nice transfer from your equipment, too! I am going to ask her tomorrow to bring one of the reels to work, so i can evaluate it's condition.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks